Wednesday, May 9, 2007

to my mother



Every year I swear I am going to make Mother's Day cards, but something always sidetracks me. I think it is the huge amount of birthdays, graduations, weddings and then the biggest distractor . . . spring weather. When May comes, I start spending all my free time out doors playing ball, planting flowers, pushing children on the swings, etc. Card making comes to a complete halt. BUT, with all the rain we've had, I've been inside this week. I've been making cards this week. I have got so many neat cards to show you . . . but I am only going to post one a day so they will last a while because as soon as it dries out, I'm going back outside.
I made this card for my mother. I really don't see my mother much, even though she only lives an hour from me. She opened her own tea room which keeps her very busy. So this year, I wanted to be able to write a great deal to her. Thus, I designed a card with a lot of writing space. The card is a 5 1/2 square, scored 1/4" in so it has a book feel to it. I used stamps from the Doodle This and Doodle That sets, coloring them with my blender pens. The celery polka dot paper is from the Palette O Prints collection which available only this month. Colors I used: celery, apricot, regal rose. Again, the words to my mother are stamped using the Karen Foster snap stamps. Finally, I added stickles to various parts of the card for the wonderfully fun sparkle.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Very beautiful!! You always amaze me with your talent! I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Jenn Meiries