Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm back . . . sorta


Hello, hello, hello! I can't believe it has been so many days since my last post! Let me tell you what I've been up to . . . gardening. Papercrafting is my first love, but coming in a close second is gardening. Specifically, I love container gardening. We are blessed with two huge beautiful decks, one covered, one for sun. I've been spending my days out doors planting, digging, watering, hoeing, sipping tea in the shade. By the time I come inside and clean up, I am so tired and sore I just collapse in a chair and sleep. Truly. My husband taught me to mow this week. I know, I know, sounds simple but we have a "zero-turn mower" so it is not just driving a riding lawnmower. You'll have to read my Yahoo blog if you want more details, I'm off to type that next. Anyway, it is a good thing that planting season is nearing an end or I might have a hard time getting any stamping done. I'm only inside today because it is rainy and cold here in Kansas.
My post today uses the retiring set Wanda's Wit and Wisdom (or something like that!). To color it I used the reinkers and blenders. I'm really trying to perfect my blending. Notice the different shades of brown in Wanda's hair and the shading on her t-shirt. The pink around her doesn't look so harsh IRL. Recently I purchased Gamsol and a few Prismacolored pencils. I hope to start playing with those soon. I also justs received my Bind-it-all in the mail this week. Remember last week when I told you about the tea room my mom owns? She has asked me to make some items for her retail area. I love the idea of that, but that means no SU! product since I can't sell it in a permanent retail setting. If you have ideas of companies whose products I could use, please, please, please leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great card. Love the colors