Monday, May 7, 2007

celebrate U

Today I squeezed a few minutes to create this spring card for my dearest friend's daughter Lauren. She's having her sweet sixteen this weekend and since they live 800 miles south of us, I am missing the big party. Like so many of you, I am grieving over all the stamps sets that are retiring (this stamp set IS NOT, though) and I decided to pull this one out to play with. I am so thankful it is staying. I am a big bang for your buck kinda gal, so I really like the variety of cards I can create with this set, About U. I embossed celebrate with white embossing powder; the U was created by inking first with regal rose craft ink then embossing with crystal clear EP. Likewise, the flower was embossed using apricot craft ink. And yes ladies, that's Caribbean cardstock. You'd better get that paper restocked while you can! Remember it retires at the end of June.

No comments: