Wednesday, May 16, 2007

bundle of joy

Congratulations to my good friends Matt and Jill on the birth of their son Jackson! I am so delighted for them . . . and yes Jill, this card is making its way in the mail to you as I type. Just like my last post, I had this stamp set sitting in the sale pile, but all of a sudden I just HAD to use it. Now, I don't think I can part with it just yet. I think the reason I am enjoying this set so much is because I have really started to enjoy using my blenders. Before, they seemed so time consuming, but I have been forcing myself to practice, practice, practice. Notice the little oval for the feet to rest on. I would have never thought of doing that, but so many of the great ladies who inspire are doing this all the time; they are right, it does ground the image. If you haven't seen this before, to achieve this look punch an oval. Then sponge in the oval hole to get this crisp oval. Of course, if you have an oval stamp, use that!
I used blissful blue, barely banana, and whisper white inks and cardstock. The background stamps are flannel and aida cloth. Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: