Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Welcome baby!

Don't you love this card? I do! I love the details, the layers, the colors, etc. There is a lot of love in this card! A gal on Splitocoaststampers inspired with her card, which is very similar to mine so I can't really take much creative talent here. Her card used the retired Toy Box set and a completely different color scheme, but I definitely cased using the monogram B with the fontastic background. I tried to give you a link to see her card, but the picture is gone . . . anyway, notice I tried to give credit where credit is due!
Back to this card. It is difficult to see in this picture, but the saffron in the background is stamped with the linen stamp for, you guessed it, texture! The fontastic background is stamped in regal rose, sponged, then layered on carribbean. Then I stamped the monogram B in celery and very carefully used my exacto knife to cut it out. It blended in with the white background, so I mounted it on regal rose and again very carefully used my exacto knife to cut it out. Next I used my black Stazon ink to stamp the images from the New Little Someone set and my blender pens to add color. FINALLY, I cut them out and placed them on the card with pop dots. I think this has to be one of my most time consuming cards, but it was worth it!

No comments: