Tuesday, April 10, 2007

friend


Here's my next OSW card. This one is incredibly simple. I colored the flower from the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set in regal rose and olive. The word friend is stamped in olive on Caribbean and then punched using the new round tab punch. The card itself is on saffron cardstock, but I adhered Caribbean to the edge to add some contrast. Finally I added that touch of ribbon to give it some depth and texture. This card was finished in under 10 minutes. I think that is a record for me!
I am really loving the Petals & Paisleys spring paper. It is all double-sided, so it is easy to coordinate. The backdrop paper also come from this pack, but I am a stripe-aholic, so I always use the stripe from a pack of paper first before I work to the other prints. I usually use the florals next. The papers I use least are the ones with a big pring pattern. Those papers are often so busy, they compete with my stamped-image. So I save those for scrapbooking or for use as a focal image on a card.

No comments: