Thursday, April 5, 2007

oh where, oh where is my tag punch?


Today I carved out some much needed time for stamping. I had a full list of items to do: designing next week's one sheet wonders, creating a couple of birthday cards, and finding that article I read somewhere about stamping on Easter eggs. But when I got up to my craft nook, this is the disaster that awaited me. Good grief. I've got to dig out before I can dig in to my list.
Notice a few things on my desk. First, see the Archiver's bag on the left? I used my coupon to by a desk box that I am going to cover with designer paper. See the Target bags? I found rolodex clearanced . . . I bought them all. I've got a neat idea cooking in my brain for some Christmas presents next year. Can't say anymore about that here!
One rule I have while working in my nook is that I put everything away as I use it. You can see that I let that one slide. I get an idea, I get excited, then I work frantically and furiously until I accomplish it. When those moments come, supplies, scraps, trash, or whatever else I'm using starts to pile up. Unfortunately when I finish my project, I've often used up all my time for crafting. The boys are hungry. The dog needs to go out. The dryer is buzzing. My desk is left in this disastrous state.
By the way, it took me about 20 minutes to put everything back in its place today. I didn't get much done on my agenda.

1 comment:

5diebolds said...

I do the same thing at my craft desk!! I love your new blog, can't wait to see your creations.