Friday, April 13, 2007

In honor of the snowfall


Here in eastern Kansas, four miles from the Missouri border we are having a major snowstorm. It has been snowing heavily for hours and is expected to snow through the night. We could have 4-8 inches of heavy, wet snow! Where did spring go? Two weeks ago it was 80 degrees. The clemantis was growing, the hostas sprouting, and the pear trees blooming. But now everything is dying again! Last weekend we hunted easter eggs in our winter coast, bundled with our hats and mittens. Good grief!
Thus, I decided to post this page I scrapped recently. The snowstorm that led to the pictures here was a freak event as well. It came in January, but out of nowhere. We went to bed expecting 1-2" and woke up to 8"+, while just 10 miles north there was no snow at all.
This pages uses the stamp set Snowflurries from the Winter Mini. I am crossing my fingers that it makes it into the new catalog. The snowflakes in it are just perfect! I have used them over and over again. In fact, I used them on my Christmas card. Here I used Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Whisper White craft inks and cardstock.

No comments: